We are the Pacific Northwest's predominately African-American boating club chartered in the cities of Seattle, Washington and Portland, Oregon. ERYC is a registered 501(c)4 non-profit social and service organization focused on fostering diversity through positive leadership, experiences, opportunities, education, and scholarships for disadvantaged youth.
The club was formed 1994 by a group of individuals from Seattle and Portland whose shared passion was boating. In addition to their shared goal of relaxing and enjoying life together on the water, members of the ERYC intend to introduce as many inner-city youths as possible to the wonderful world of boating, a sport to which few such youngsters are ever exposed.
To promote safe boating and cruising activities for like-minded persons from the Seattle, Washington and Portland, Oregon regions with a desire to share together in similar nautical oriented activities.
To promote, sponsor, and actively participate in positive events with other members of our communities (especially youth) that take advantage of the water oriented natural resources available in the Pacific Northwest.
- To provide a positive venue and framework.
- To participate together, on a regular basis, in boating/cruising and other social activities that are of mutual interest.
- To share information that will effectively improve the boating/cruising skill levels, knowledge, safety and well-being of all members and associates.
- To share information on processes, procedures and resources to maintain, improve and upgrade the quality, safety and integrity of the vessels of all members.
- To jointly participate with other community organisations in activities that positively affect the well-being of our community and its residents.